For the new year I want to start a small blog series talking about an installation of SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2008. This 6 part post series explains how to setup a dual server environment consisting of a front-end with SharePoint 2007 and Windows Server 2008 and a back-end with SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008. This guide also holds for single server or developer installations with slightly modifications.
- Part 1: The architecture
- Part 2: The software and user requirements
- Part 3: Preparing Windows Server 2008
- Part 4: Installing SQL Server 2008
- Part 5: Installing SharePoint Server 2007
- Part 6: Basic SharePoint farm configurations